FriendlySimmers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FriendlySimmers

Sims2 Sims3 and sims4

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
~*Welcome To Friendly Simmers*~

how to reset your sims 3 game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nefertiti781
registered members
registered members
nefertiti781

Sims - how to reset your sims 3 game Empty
PostSubject: how to reset your sims 3 game   Sims - how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Making this a sticky and locking as it is very helpful. there is no need to uninstall your sims 3 game just follow these steps.

I have seen a lot of people dealing with issues in their games & having to uninstall & reinstall... This is not necessary my friends... There is a shorter, easier route to take that will reset your "Sims 3" game folders to factory...Here are the instructions:

(This is for windows 7 users... For all others, the concept is the same, but the folders may be stored elsewhere)

Locate: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3

Rename: "Sims 3" folder to "Sims 3 Old" (The same folder you put your mods, downloads, ect...The whole folder... Just rename it... Won't hurt a thing...)

Locate: Your "Sims 3" Launcher icon... Right click on it & start your launcher using "run as administrator"... Once the Launcher is loaded, Start the game & go all the way to the Next menu where you can start a Game... After it has completely loaded to this menu, Exit the game entirely...

Locate: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3 old

Copy & paste your saves, mods, downloads, music, ect... to your new folders located at Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3

Locate: Your "Sims 3" Launcher icon... Right click on it & start your launcher using "run as administrator"... Once the Launcher is loaded, you will see all your SC & CC & w/e needs to be "reinstalled" into your actual game... Moving these folders does not reinstall them, simply keeps you from having to re-download them from the purchase history on the sims3.com site...

DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR DOWNLOAD STUFF ALL AT ONCE! REINSTALL THEM IN SMALL CLUSTERS LIKE 5 OR 7 AT A TIME! It's a hassle but far less trouble than uninstalling & reinstalling the entire game.
Back to top Go down
http://tssf.forumotion.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   Sims - how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm

:wowz: I never thought of it that way. :sweet2: :yay3: Really useful!!!::flower:: Thank you sooo very much...I apperciate you doing this my bfff!!!:sweet::ghug:

Last edited by ~*CoriAngel79*~ on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pierre
Admin
Pierre

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   Sims - how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you for posting this Neff my bfff
Back to top Go down
https://friendlysimmers.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   Sims - how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to reset your sims 3 game
Page 1 of 1